Happy Valentine’s Day!
This year you have well and truly put your hearts into it by creating some gorgeous personalised crutches for loved ones. Our favourite? This heartfelt bespoke pair designed by Peter for his wife Carol to remind her just how much he loves her – SWOON.
Whatever you’re doing to celebrate Valentine’s Day we hope you have a brilliant day. Here are a few fun facts to kick it off:
- The first recorded Valentine’s Day card was sent in 15th century by the Duke of Orleans. The Duke sent the card to his wife whilst he was a prisoner in the Tower of London.
- In South Korea, women give chocolate to men on the 14th of February. On the 14th of March, men show their love by gifting candy to women. All the single ladies and men who did not receive any sweets or chocolate grieve on the 14th of April (aka Black Day) by eating black noodles.
- Valentine’s Day is banned in Saudi Arabia. Giving presents such as flowers or chocolate is forbidden and companies in the retail and hospitality industry are discouraged from promoting the holiday. Furthermore, people are not allowed to wear any red clothing and selling red objects on this day is also prohibited.
- At least 9 million people buy their pets a gift on Valentine’s Day.
- Finland calls Valentine’s Day Ystävänpäivä, which translates into ‘Friend’s day’. It’s all about celebrating your friends rather than your partner.